In 2002, the Ohio State Alumni Club of Minnesota established its inaugural college scholarship fund. Our club proudly offers annual scholarship opportunities to students from Minnesota who attend Ohio State. The fund was the idea of founding club member, Bill Slowter. It was established in memory of Brock Olson, the son of long-time club members, Scott and Kris Olson.
Our club has awarded scholarships EVERY year since the fund began — even during COVID. Scholarship funds are raised through member donations throughout the year and at various club activities and events including our weekly football game watch parties. Since the scholarship’s inception, our club efforts have resulted in awarding over $150,000 in scholarship funds in support of 100+ Ohio State students from Minnesota!
Beginning with the 2023–24 school year, the top Ohio State Alumni Club of Minnesota Scholarship Fund awardee will be recognized as the Brock Olson Memorial Scholar.
How can you help?
- Participate in weekly game watch fundraiser raffles & silent auctions during football season
- Donate items for fundraising activities throughout the year
- Help come up with ideas for new fundraising events and activities
- Donate directly to our club’s scholarship through online giving at Ohio State.
Do you know a Minnesota resident that will be attending Ohio State as an undergraduate?
Students from Minnesota may be awarded scholarship money based on the following criteria:
- Admittance to the University
- Record of participation in school, community, extracurricular activities, and academic merit
- Quality of answers to several essay questions
ScholarshipUniverse simplifies the process of finding and applying for internal and external scholarships at Ohio State. This platform hosts all alumni club scholarships. Apply and/or update your profile each year by The Ohio State University priority date for maximum aid consideration.
Log in to ScholarshipUniverse using your Ohio State username (lastname.#) and password. Need instructions for activating your username? Contact Buckeye Link, 614-292-OHIO, for assistance.
Additional information on scholarships and financial aid at Ohio State can be found online at sfa.osu.edu.
For questions, contact Leslie Smith, Smith.email@example.com, 614-292-6576 at the Alumni Association.